Chicagoans Order the Most Late-Night Food, Pizza Being the Top Choice
Recipe of the day
- The Memphis Taproom Beer Garden Serves the Best Hot Dog in Philadelphia
- Pommes Frites and Sushi Park Destroyed After Massive East Village Explosion and Building Collapse
- Lafayette Coney Island Serves the Best Hot Dog in Detroit
- James Coney Island Serves the Best Hot Dog in Houston
- Ben’s Chili Bowl Serves the Best Hot Dog in Washington, DC
New Yorkers might spend their 3 a.m. hour grabbing a slice at a local pizzeria, but when it comes to Seamless, Chicago is apparently the top late-night city.
According to numbers crunched by the online food delivery website, Chicagoans placed 14 percent of their orders between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., mostly ordering pizza and Chinese food. We sincerely hope it wasn't deep-dish pizza.
New York and San Francisco came tied for second place, and both ordered pizza most often. However, New Yorkers also ordered plenty of diner food late at night (tater tots for the win), while San Franciscans ordered Thai.
Finally, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles tied for third in late-night ordering, as 10 percent of their orders took place between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Angelenos tend to order Thai and Chinese, while D.C. residents order pizza and Chinese. In the meantime, we're just hoping that the percentage of people making microwave quesadillas are much higher than people who are ordering in Thai at 3 a.m. Something about eating green papaya salad after a late night out just doesn't seem right.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts