- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Chicagoans Order the Most Late-Night Food, Pizza Being the Top Choice
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Hotel Hugo: A West Soho Retreat with 2 Roof Bars You Should Know About
- DoorDash Begins Delivery of Food and More From 7-Eleven
- This Guy Ate Every New York Pizza Slice, Lived to Tell the Tale, and Wrote a Memoir
- Pizza Ice Cream Is Now a Thing, Thanks to the Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants Part 7: Koi Palace
New Yorkers might spend their 3 a.m. hour grabbing a slice at a local pizzeria, but when it comes to Seamless, Chicago is apparently the top late-night city.
According to numbers crunched by the online food delivery website, Chicagoans placed 14 percent of their orders between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., mostly ordering pizza and Chinese food. We sincerely hope it wasn't deep-dish pizza.
New York and San Francisco came tied for second place, and both ordered pizza most often. However, New Yorkers also ordered plenty of diner food late at night (tater tots for the win), while San Franciscans ordered Thai.
Finally, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles tied for third in late-night ordering, as 10 percent of their orders took place between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Angelenos tend to order Thai and Chinese, while D.C. residents order pizza and Chinese. In the meantime, we're just hoping that the percentage of people making microwave quesadillas are much higher than people who are ordering in Thai at 3 a.m. Something about eating green papaya salad after a late night out just doesn't seem right.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts