Chew on This: Best and Worst Foods for Your Teeth and Gums
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
When choosing what foods to put in our mouths, we often give tons of consideration to our waistline. But do you ever give a thought to your oral health?
Even if you’re brushing and flossing daily, the foods we choose to chomp on can also affect the state of your teeth and gums.[slideshow:
The minute you begin eating certain foods, bacteria in your mouth converts sugar to acids, according to WebMD. It’s those acids that attack the enamel on your teeth, which starts the decay process. The good news is you have the ability to choose what you consume, and while some foods are terrible for your oral health, there are plenty that benefit your teeth.
— Jaclyn Bertner, HellaWella
More From HellaWella:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts