- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Chef David Burke’s Favorite Spring Recipes
Recipe of the day
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
- An Interview with Chris Fischer, author of ‘The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook’
- Oyster Secrets and Tips From Celebrity Chef Marc Murphy
Everyone looks forward to spring, especially because all of the wonderful ingredients that come into season. Along with peas, chanterelle mushrooms, and spring garlic, one of my all-time favorite spring ingredients is asparagus. Here are some of my favorite asparagus recipes. I think they’ll easily become some of your favorites, too.
The soft flavors of roasted asparagus and sauteed shallots are complemented by salty bites of pancetta in this scrambled eggs recipe, and after trying the eggs with a sprinkle of Parmesan and crème fraîche, you'll never want to make them another way again.
Were your eyes too big for your stomach this past weekend at the farmers' market? This asparagus soup recipe is the perfect way to make use of a surplus of asparagus. Eat it fresh or keep it frozen to enjoy well past asparagus season.
Most people just throw away the blunt ends of their asparagus after they've trimmed them, but this asparagus butter is a great way to make sure none of the spring vegetable goes to waste. Sautéed in butter and lemon juice, the salmon's citrus flavors complement the roasted asparagus and asparagus butter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts