Go Behind the Scenes at 21st Century Limited with Alinea and Eleven Madison Park
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
Back in September and October, Alinea and Eleven Madison Park make the food world's dream come true by collaborating and switching places. The result? Jean-Georges Vongerichten asking Grant Achatz what he's smoking, and this video below, showing the two teams working with an entirely new kitchen, new restaurant, and new front-of-house team.
Watch below as Grant Achatz, Daniel Humm, Will Guidara, and company all work to transport an entire restaurant to a new city for one week. And while Achatz's team didn't necessarily travel by train, as the name may have implied, watch as Alinea's team shows workers how to present and break a dark chocolate sphere, with plenty of food porn and grids galore. There's a brief shot of Daniel Boulud, edible balloons, and a ridiculous amount of fire.
Then, of course, Eleven Madison Park heads to Chicago, with caviar and smoke and all sorts of delicious things. Watch the full video below, as Alinea hints that there will be more to come.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts