Go Behind the Scenes at 21st Century Limited with Alinea and Eleven Madison Park
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Back in September and October, Alinea and Eleven Madison Park make the food world's dream come true by collaborating and switching places. The result? Jean-Georges Vongerichten asking Grant Achatz what he's smoking, and this video below, showing the two teams working with an entirely new kitchen, new restaurant, and new front-of-house team.
Watch below as Grant Achatz, Daniel Humm, Will Guidara, and company all work to transport an entire restaurant to a new city for one week. And while Achatz's team didn't necessarily travel by train, as the name may have implied, watch as Alinea's team shows workers how to present and break a dark chocolate sphere, with plenty of food porn and grids galore. There's a brief shot of Daniel Boulud, edible balloons, and a ridiculous amount of fire.
Then, of course, Eleven Madison Park heads to Chicago, with caviar and smoke and all sorts of delicious things. Watch the full video below, as Alinea hints that there will be more to come.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts