- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
CEO of Coca-Cola Mad About Soda Ban
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
Today, in some not surprising news, Coca-Cola's CEO, Muhtar Kent, is speaking out against the proposed soda ban in New York City. Kent, who spoke with Fox Business News, argues that banning large sugary drinks — or anything, for that matter — won't solve the obesity crisis.
Kent spoke to FOX while at the Olympics, where Coca-Cola is a major sponsor. To the critics, who argued that Coca-Cola should not be a major sponsor of the most athletic competition in the world, Kent said his company is actively making healthier options. He said, "Take a country like Britain. Under the trademark of Coca-Cola, now 40 percent of what we consumers choose under trademark Coca-Cola is calorie-free."
Kent has also spoken to the Wall Street Journal and other media outlets to voice his opinions. He said to WSJ on June 18, "It is, I believe, incorrect and unjust to put the blame on any single ingredient, any single product, any single category of food." Other officials from Coca-Cola have also said they believe Mayor Bloomberg is unfairly demonizing the soda industry.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts