- Alton Brown born (1962)
CBS Developing Baking Show and More News
Recipe of the day
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
- This Mother Makes Detailed Cartoon Food Art Out of Healthy Meals for Her Son
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
CBS Casting for New Baking Show: In their first reality cooking show, CBS is riffing off British show Bake Off to pit amateur bakers against each other. [CBS Baking Show]
McDonald's Donates to Sandy Relief: The burger chain will donate $500,000 to the American Red Cross, a press release announced. [Marketwire]
Eating in a Restaurant Leads to More Calories: Public officials say that eating out at any sort of restaurants typically increases calorie intake for kids. [NPR]
California Denies GMO Labeling: As voters chose the president yesterday, California voters said no to Proposition 37, which would have required all genetically modified foods to be labelled. It failed 54 percent to 46 percent. [Mercury News]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts