CBS Developing Baking Show and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
CBS Casting for New Baking Show: In their first reality cooking show, CBS is riffing off British show Bake Off to pit amateur bakers against each other. [CBS Baking Show]
McDonald's Donates to Sandy Relief: The burger chain will donate $500,000 to the American Red Cross, a press release announced. [Marketwire]
Eating in a Restaurant Leads to More Calories: Public officials say that eating out at any sort of restaurants typically increases calorie intake for kids. [NPR]
California Denies GMO Labeling: As voters chose the president yesterday, California voters said no to Proposition 37, which would have required all genetically modified foods to be labelled. It failed 54 percent to 46 percent. [Mercury News]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts