- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Carla Hall on Cooking with Love
The Chew Co-Host and Top Chef Favorite dishes on her new cookbook
Recipe of the day
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
- An Interview with Chris Fischer, author of ‘The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook’
- Oyster Secrets and Tips From Celebrity Chef Marc Murphy
Carla Hall has gained fans for her infectious personality everywhere from Top Chef All Stars (where she was voted Fan Favorite) to her role as co-host of The Chew. But behind the hootie-hoos and dancing on The Chew is a serious cook who is excited to share her recipes with her first cookbook Cooking with Love: Comfort Food That Hugs You.
The book has recipes from her time on television, but it is rooted in her family’s Southern cooking staples. Hall says, "When I was growing up in Nashville, Tenn., we went to my grandmother’s house every Sunday for supper... Even though I didn’t cook during those meals, that was the foundation of a lot of my food memories and influenced how I cook today." The book includes a lot of recipes influenced by her grandmother such as beer braised pork, brisket, pound cake, and Southern collard greens.
For more on Hall’s new book, you can watch the video above or you can pick up the book now!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts