Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Candy?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
Sure, you've heard that piece of candy bar trivia, that the Baby Ruth wasn't named for the famed Bronx Bomber, but for President Grover Cleveland's daughter. But how's the rest of your historical confectionary knowledge? Take this candy quiz to find out.
1. True or false? In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one Peeps Marshmallow Chick.
2.Which candy bar was created first, the Butterfinger, or Nestlé Crunch?
3. A famous Hirshfield, or Hirschfeld invented the Tootsie Roll in 1896. Which?
a. Al Hirschfeld, who named it for his daughter, Nina's nickname for the family dachshund.
b. Dr. Magnus Hirschfeld, who named it for his friend's nickname for his abnormally thin toe.
c. Leo Hirshfield, who named it for his daughter Clara's nickname.
4. Which was the first of these chewing gums to be invented: Chiclets, Juicy Fruit, or Bubble Gum?
5. In 1974, General Foods unveiled a new candy based on the technique of putting carbon dioxide into a solid that their company chemist, William Mitchell, had discovered in 1956. What was the candy?
6.True or false? Red M&M's were discontinued for 11 years from 1976 to 1985 to protest the color of the Soviet Union's flag.
7.In the movie Ghostbusters, the name of the marshmallow whose icon Zuul brings to life to terrorize New York was called ______.
8. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?
a. 364 licks.
b. 252 licks
c. 411 licks
d. 144 licks.
e. The world may never know.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).