- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
First Escondido Gourmet Food Truck Festival Rolls Into Town
Recipe of the day
- Sun, Surf, and Sundown Fun: The South Walton Beaches Wine & Food Festival
- The World’s Tallest Grilled Cheese Tower Is Being Assembled This Weekend
- 4 Places to Celebrate Oktoberfest in Hong Kong
- The 10 Best Pumpkin Patches in America
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
Orfila Vineyards & Winery is holding the first Escondido Gourmet Food Truck Festival Sunday, Nov. 18 in Escondido, Calif., from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Orfila Vineyards & Winery parking lot. The food truck festival features sweet and savory fare from San Diego’s top gourmet food trucks.
Guests can try fiery Thai-style wings from Thai 1 On, Polish pierogies from the Pierogi Truck, slow-smoked barbecue at Slow Cal BBQ, and Cap’n Crunch crabcakes at Two for the Road. On the sweeter side, brownies, cupcakes, parfaits, and even chocolate-covered bacon will all be on offer at the Sweet Treats truck.
While the Escondido Gourmet Food Truck Festival is open to all ages, those who are 21 and older can explore Orfila Vineyards & Winery's wine-tasting room. Guests can get six tastes of wine for $10, or purchase wine by the bottle or the glass.
Other food trucks that will be participating in the Escondido Gourmet Food Truck Festival include Devilicious, Groggy’s Fat Sandwiches, Not So Fast! Food Truck, Chubby’s Burger, and Underdogs Gastro Truck. Admission to the food truck festival is free.
Tayler Stein is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TaylerSteinTDM.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts