California Dreaming: A Wine Lover’s Weekend
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
It’s winter now in wine country. The vines in Napa Valley and Sonoma County are bare, and the only activity happening outdoors is the pruning of the vines before bud break and the beginning of a new growing season.
[slideshow: Back East, I’m ready for a road trip: It’s an ideal time for a West Coast visit, as winemakers are busy in the cellars racking wines, cleaning barrels, and scheming about which lots will blend with what lots. We pack our bags and fly west to San Francisco, then drive the hour or so to Napa Valley, looking forward to wine and dining.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts