Burger King to Challenge McRib with Rib Sandwich
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
McRib fans waiting for the limited-edition sandwich to return can rest easy, as they're getting a replacement this summer from rival Burger King.
USA Today reports that Burger King is unveiling its summer menu plans this Thursday, complete with another limited-edition BK Rib Sandwich, bonless like a McRib and served with a "tangy sauce" with "sweet bread and butter pickles."
The rib sandwich hits Burger Kings nationwide May 21, alongside the Memphis Pulled Pork sandwiches, sweet potato fries, and a new BBQ Chicken Salad. Also on the docket: Oreo-infused desserts, which we're ALL ABOUT, especially if they're frozen.
The products will only be available through summer, but the rib sandwich has been testing on the markets for some 10 months, a representative said. The recommended price for a sandwich is $3.49 ($5.59 for a meal), but McDonald's isn't concerned. "We know our customers love McRib and we won't disappoint them," spokeswoman Danya Proud told USA Today. "It will be returning." Now if we can just get a rib sandwich taste-off between the two, we'll be set.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts