- Taco Day
At Bunk, The Sandwich is King
Recipe of the day
- Executive Chef Calimlim Celebrates Della’s Kitchen Anniversary with Farmhouse Dinner
- Dig Inn Debuts New Fall 2015 Menu Items Throughout the Season
- New York City’s First Chick-fil-A Will Be Giving Away Free Chicken for a Year
- Big Apple Restaurants and Breweries Create Custom Bites and Brews for New York Super Week and 10th New York Comic Con
- Join New York City’s Biggest Pizza Party and Support Hunger Relief with $1 Slices All Night on October 7
If there’s one thing worth knowing about Bunk Sandwiches, which has two locations in Portland (one Southeast and one Downtown), it’s this: get there early. For one thing, it’s only open until 3 PM. For another, the lines can get long.
Bunk’s offerings are more than just sandwiches, though. They’re decadent, groan-inducing full meals. Even the seemingly simple breakfast sandwiches, like bacon, egg, and cheese on a hard roll seem to transcend that title.
Come lunchtime, the sandwiches are enough to make you want to take the whole day off in order to eat them very slowly: pulled pork with apple cabbage slaw, pickles, and mustard; roast beef with horseradish, caramelized onions, dijon & sharp cheddar; roasted chicken salad with dijon, bacon & avocado; Italian cured meats with marinated hot peppers & spicy provolone, a meatball parm hero.
Coffee is from Stumptown, and sides include red beans and rice and potato salad with bacon and egg.
These sandwiches are made with love, you can tell. And after unwrapping your sandwich, you’ll certainly be eating with love.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts