Bud Light Unveils New NFL Sponsorship Campaign
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Budweiser Does It Again With Another Adorable Super Bowl Commercial
- Bud Light Wows With Life-Sized Pac-Man Game in Super Bowl Ad
- People in South Korea are Drinking Whipped Cream with Beer
- Legendary Horror Writer H.P. Lovecraft Inspires New Craft Beers
- Blue Moon is Releasing a White IPA and You Can Taste it First
Although drinking a beer and watching the football game may seem like a passive activity to some, Anheuser-Busch is changing its game for Bud Light’s second year as official beer and sponsor of the NFL. Anheuser-Busch has decided that this year would be the “Year of the Fan,” trying to get the fans — and you — involved in the football experience.
Obviously, Bud Light boxes and cans will be decorated in a football theme (and team-themed cans for 28 markets), but that’s only where the campaign begins. After picking up a 12-pack for your home-viewing party, you’ll be able to take your experience online with the company’s "every bottle is a player" campaign. Each bottle cap will have a code that you can enter on the Bud Light website, to see whether or not your drink scored a touchdown or fumbled. The goal is to take fantasy football to an entirely new and more interactive level in its "Bud Light Fantasy Football League." Said Mike Sundet, vice president for Bud Light, to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "This is just another way for NFL fans and Bud Light drinkers to have fun with it.”
Anheuser-Busch will air Bud Light commercials, starting with the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys game to will kick off the 2012-2013 season. There will also be a "Tickets for Life" sweepstakes, as well as an ad campaign to target Hispanic customers. Say goodbye to your days of sitting on the couch, watching football and mindlessly drinking a beer. Bud Light wants you to take part now.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts