Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts and Sage Recipe
Daily Value: 3%
|Folic Acid (B9)||51µg||13%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||1g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Here's a quick side dish that's healthy and easy to prepare. Chestnuts and sage bring winter flavors to a fall favorite. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fresh chestnuts, chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and just tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain well.
Melt the butter with the oil and broth in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, chestnuts, and sage and cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2-4 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Total time: 22 minutes
Special Designations: Vegetarian, Healthy