Williamsburg's Brooklyn Star Reopens
Recipe of the day
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
It was a little more than a year ago, the night after visiting Brooklyn Star for the second consecutive heartily enjoyable meal, that a fire shut it down. Well, Chef Joaquin Baca is set to reopen in a larger space, but with several old favorites on the menu — at least according to the preview Eater scored.
If you never made it to this tiny spot here's the rundown. Their biscuits filled the restaurant with the smell of butter, and they pleasantly returned to dough form in your mouth. The tripe chili with Fritos was a great winter meal, the fried pig tails served as Williamsburg’s offal wings, the country fried steak made you wonder about where it might stack up against New York City's top five renditions, and you could slather butter and honey on the cast-iron cooked, jalapeño and bacon cornbread, drop ice cream on it, and call it dessert. All in all, it was a success.
For a preview of what you might expect with the reopening, or just a reminder of what we've been missing, check out these photos of some of Brooklyn Star's best dishes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts