Williamsburg's Brooklyn Star Reopens
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- McDonald’s Is Bringing Back the Hamburglar and He Looks Really Weird
- European Union Investigating McDonald’s Rumored $1 Billion Tax Loophole
- Woman Escapes Dangerous Hostage Situation by Ordering Pizza Hut
- America’s 25 Best Barbecue Chains
- Amazing Delivery Man Manages to Deliver Pizza After Getting Stabbed
It was a little more than a year ago, the night after visiting Brooklyn Star for the second consecutive heartily enjoyable meal, that a fire shut it down. Well, Chef Joaquin Baca is set to reopen in a larger space, but with several old favorites on the menu — at least according to the preview Eater scored.
If you never made it to this tiny spot here's the rundown. Their biscuits filled the restaurant with the smell of butter, and they pleasantly returned to dough form in your mouth. The tripe chili with Fritos was a great winter meal, the fried pig tails served as Williamsburg’s offal wings, the country fried steak made you wonder about where it might stack up against New York City's top five renditions, and you could slather butter and honey on the cast-iron cooked, jalapeño and bacon cornbread, drop ice cream on it, and call it dessert. All in all, it was a success.
For a preview of what you might expect with the reopening, or just a reminder of what we've been missing, check out these photos of some of Brooklyn Star's best dishes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts