- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Brooklyn Brewery to Host the Food Experiments’ National Championship
Recipe of the day
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
If you’re not familiar with The Food Experiments, now’s a great time to acquaint yourself. Over the past several weeks, the cook-off organization, led by Theo Peck and Nick Suarez, has been on a whirlwind tour of 16 cities, pitting more than 400 chefs against each other to see who can create the most inventive dish around one theme ingredient (like beer, tacos, pork, or pie) per city.
The competition will wrap up Sunday, Dec. 16 at the Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, when the finalists will be challenged to create the "perfect bite" using whatever ingredients they like.
On hand to judge the culinary offerings will be an all-star lineup of The Daily Meal’s very own Colman Andrews, Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver, Bon Appétit restaurant editor Andrew Knowlton, and Mile End Delicatessen owner Noah Bernamoff. The winners will receive cookware, bakeware, and cash from national sponsors including Brooklyn Brewery, Le Creuset, and Wüsthof Knives.
Want to judge the dishes for yourself? Tickets to the event are still available, and cost $45. The event is from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts