Brooklyn Brewery to Host the Food Experiments’ National Championship
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- José Andrés Saves Life of Choking Man
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About The Food Network's 'Chopped'
- In The Daily Meal Kitchen with José Andrés, Who Tempts the American Palate with Science
- Buy Your Tickets Now for the I Heart WITS Gala on May 5, Supporting Wellness in Schools
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Say Congratulations at High Street on Market
If you’re not familiar with The Food Experiments, now’s a great time to acquaint yourself. Over the past several weeks, the cook-off organization, led by Theo Peck and Nick Suarez, has been on a whirlwind tour of 16 cities, pitting more than 400 chefs against each other to see who can create the most inventive dish around one theme ingredient (like beer, tacos, pork, or pie) per city.
The competition will wrap up Sunday, Dec. 16 at the Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, when the finalists will be challenged to create the "perfect bite" using whatever ingredients they like.
On hand to judge the culinary offerings will be an all-star lineup of The Daily Meal’s very own Colman Andrews, Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver, Bon Appétit restaurant editor Andrew Knowlton, and Mile End Delicatessen owner Noah Bernamoff. The winners will receive cookware, bakeware, and cash from national sponsors including Brooklyn Brewery, Le Creuset, and Wüsthof Knives.
Want to judge the dishes for yourself? Tickets to the event are still available, and cost $45. The event is from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts