Brooklyn Brewery to Host the Food Experiments’ National Championship
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
If you’re not familiar with The Food Experiments, now’s a great time to acquaint yourself. Over the past several weeks, the cook-off organization, led by Theo Peck and Nick Suarez, has been on a whirlwind tour of 16 cities, pitting more than 400 chefs against each other to see who can create the most inventive dish around one theme ingredient (like beer, tacos, pork, or pie) per city.
The competition will wrap up Sunday, Dec. 16 at the Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, when the finalists will be challenged to create the "perfect bite" using whatever ingredients they like.
On hand to judge the culinary offerings will be an all-star lineup of The Daily Meal’s very own Colman Andrews, Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver, Bon Appétit restaurant editor Andrew Knowlton, and Mile End Delicatessen owner Noah Bernamoff. The winners will receive cookware, bakeware, and cash from national sponsors including Brooklyn Brewery, Le Creuset, and Wüsthof Knives.
Want to judge the dishes for yourself? Tickets to the event are still available, and cost $45. The event is from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts