- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Brooklyn Brewery to Host the Food Experiments’ National Championship
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New Champion? Matt Stonie Beats Out Joey Chestnut Again by Scarfing 10.5 Pounds of Ribs
- Alice Waters, Chef and Food Activist, to Receive National Humanities Medal From President Obama
- Tyler Florence’s Advice for Aspiring Food Truck Owners
- Chef Profile: A Voce Madison’s Davide Venturini
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
If you’re not familiar with The Food Experiments, now’s a great time to acquaint yourself. Over the past several weeks, the cook-off organization, led by Theo Peck and Nick Suarez, has been on a whirlwind tour of 16 cities, pitting more than 400 chefs against each other to see who can create the most inventive dish around one theme ingredient (like beer, tacos, pork, or pie) per city.
The competition will wrap up Sunday, Dec. 16 at the Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, when the finalists will be challenged to create the "perfect bite" using whatever ingredients they like.
On hand to judge the culinary offerings will be an all-star lineup of The Daily Meal’s very own Colman Andrews, Brooklyn Brewery brewmaster Garrett Oliver, Bon Appétit restaurant editor Andrew Knowlton, and Mile End Delicatessen owner Noah Bernamoff. The winners will receive cookware, bakeware, and cash from national sponsors including Brooklyn Brewery, Le Creuset, and Wüsthof Knives.
Want to judge the dishes for yourself? Tickets to the event are still available, and cost $45. The event is from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts