Bromberg Brothers to Revamp Kanpai Garden as Blue Ribbon Beer Garden
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Bruce and Eric Bromberg, the powerhouse duo behind New York’s 10 Blue Ribbon-branded restaurants (as well as one in Las Vegas), will be revamping their 1,650 square foot outdoor Kanpai Garden, located at 190 Allen Street on the second-floor terrace at the LES Thompson Hotel (right outside their new Blue Ribbon Sushi Izakaya), as an entirely new concept, the Blue Ribbon Beer Garden, slated to open May 22nd.
There are currently two Blue Ribbons, four Asian-themed Blue Ribbons, two bars, and two bakeries, and this newest addition will specialize in barbecue. A rep told us that there will be a selection of beer and wine (including $20 carafes), a handful of $3 bar snacks including smoked almonds and boiled peanuts, as well as three $15 barbecue plates: Cornish hen, baby back ribs, and market vegetables, served with a black-eyed pea salad, coleslaw, and cornbread. There will also be a ping pong table and board games, and it will have a casual vibe.
While Kanpai Garden served a limited food menu as well as an expansive Asian-inspired drink menu, it piggybacked on its indoor neighbor and was mostly used as a private event space. This will be an entirely new concept, and the first Blue Ribbon to focus primarily on barbecue.
This won’t be the duo’s only summer opening, either. Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken has been in the works since last year, and according to Diner’s Journal, it will be at 28 East First Street (at Second Avenue), will have 65 seats, and will also sell salads and their popular chicken burger. It should be open later this summer.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts