Broiled Pork Chops with Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- Two 1-inch-thick, bone-in pork chops (about 1 ¼ pounds total)
- 1 Cup finely diced pineapple
- 1/2 Cup finely diced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 Cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Cup chopped mint
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Thai bird's-eye chiles, stemmed and chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Here's a quick and easy weeknight meal for two that takes less than 30 minutes to put together. These pork chops are a tad on the spicy side (OK, they're actually really spicy), but feel free to use fewer chiles in the salsa or substitute something a bit less potent, such as serranos or jalapeños.
See all recipes for salsa.
Click here to see Dinner Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less.
Preheat the broiler. Let the pork chops come to room temperature. Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, mint, lime juice, and chiles in a bowl and set aside. Coat the pork chops with the olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Place under the broiler and cook until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part without touching the bone reads at least 145 degrees, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plates, season the salsa with salt, to taste, mix well, and top the chops with the salsa. Let the chops rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Calories per serving:629 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Carb Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Sugar Added