British Columbia Serves Up Savory Seafood Snacks
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
Seafood lovers can get shellfish-shocked with their favorite under the sea treats June 15-16 at the British Columbia Shellfish Festival in Comox. The two-day event celebrates British Columbia's local farmers and chefs as well as the region's locally-grown and sustainably-raised seafood treasures.
Guests can enjoy a six-course seafood menu prepared by some of British Columbia's most acclaimed chefs at a Chef's Dinner on Friday for $125. During the reception, there will be a buffet of raw oysters and samples of raw geoduck for guests to try.
An afternoon of cooking demonstrations is scheduled for Saturday where, for $2, audiences can learn how to whip up gourmet shellfish dishes from chefs Jonathan Frazier, Nick Keating, and Wes Erikson. Recipes include Frazier's Qualicum Bay scallop ceviche, Keating's clam linguine con le vongole, and Erikson's barbecued Pacific halibut.
Concession booths will offer plates, such as geoduck sashimi, barbecued oysters, halibut burgers, bacon wrapped oysters, and smoked smoked salmon. There will also be live music and a beer tent.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts