Brett Anderson to Return to Times-Picayune
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
A year after New Orleans' Times-Picayune announced that Brett Anderson would be leaving their staff for the Neiman Fellowship at Harvard Univeristy, the paper has announced Anderson's return. Solid news in the age of major media cut-downs.
Mark Lorando at the Times-Picayune writes that Anderson will be returning to his original job as restaurant critic in September, which gives him three months off after completing the fellowship.
Original reports of Anderson's move last year suggested the Times-Picayune had fired the longtime restaurant critic; the paper quickly followed up to clarify that they would invite Anderson back after he finished up his fellowship, and it looks like he took the offer.
"I love living in New Orleans,” Anderson told the Times-Picayune. "I love eating in New Orleans. I love writing about living and eating in New Orleans, and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to do so for a living, working alongside people I know, like and respect."
Anderson started as the Times-Picayune's dining writer back in 2000; he worked until 2012 until his fellowship. He plans to teach a class in food writing at Harvard Summer School's journalism program before his return.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts