Brett Anderson to Return to Times-Picayune
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
A year after New Orleans' Times-Picayune announced that Brett Anderson would be leaving their staff for the Neiman Fellowship at Harvard Univeristy, the paper has announced Anderson's return. Solid news in the age of major media cut-downs.
Mark Lorando at the Times-Picayune writes that Anderson will be returning to his original job as restaurant critic in September, which gives him three months off after completing the fellowship.
Original reports of Anderson's move last year suggested the Times-Picayune had fired the longtime restaurant critic; the paper quickly followed up to clarify that they would invite Anderson back after he finished up his fellowship, and it looks like he took the offer.
"I love living in New Orleans,” Anderson told the Times-Picayune. "I love eating in New Orleans. I love writing about living and eating in New Orleans, and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to do so for a living, working alongside people I know, like and respect."
Anderson started as the Times-Picayune's dining writer back in 2000; he worked until 2012 until his fellowship. He plans to teach a class in food writing at Harvard Summer School's journalism program before his return.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts