Braised Chicken with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
Daily Value: 15%
Sugar-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||60µg||15%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||4g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Braising chicken doesn't take as long as you think — this recipe takes just 25 minutes from start to finish. And braising allows the meat to really soak up the seasonings and the flavor of the broth. The result is a juicy, moist chicken breast that is delicious and satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- One 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1/3 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the chicken in the flour, add to the pan, and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Return the chicken to the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4
Total time: 25 minutes
Special Designations: Healthy