Bottoms Up in Houston
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
The Houston Beer Fest returns to Texas this Saturday for a day of beer appreciation. From 11 a.m. - 10 p.m., festival goers can escape the summer's heat with samplings of over 250 cold brews from around the world.
The Houston Beer Fest team has partnered with No Label Brewery to feature its own trademark Houston Beer Fest 2012 elixir, a wheat ale mixed with accents of honey and lavender.
Activities include flip cup and beer pong tournaments, where 100 teams will compete for up to $1000, and beerology workshops where attendants can find out what they are drinking and how it's made.
Live music can be heard throughout the day and New Orleans patriots are encouraged to check out Walker Street, which will be transformed into a Bourbon Street-inspired Mardi Gras fiesta.
For those unable to stomach a solely liquid lunch, there are food vendors serving savory treats such as spicy crawfish, hot dogs, hamburgers, po-boys, and turkey legs.
General admission in $25 and beer tickets come in packs of 10 for $10. VIP tickets for $150 include a one year subscription to Draft Magazine, a commemorative cup, a gift bag, and the chance to taste 20 exclusive beers only available to VIP ticket holders.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts