- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Boston Chefs Host Fundraiser to Support New York Restaurants
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Hotel Hugo: A West Soho Retreat with 2 Roof Bars You Should Know About
- DoorDash Begins Delivery of Food and More From 7-Eleven
- This Guy Ate Every New York Pizza Slice, Lived to Tell the Tale, and Wrote a Memoir
- Pizza Ice Cream Is Now a Thing, Thanks to the Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck
- America’s Best Chinese Restaurants Part 7: Koi Palace
Chefs Ming Tsai, Ken Oringer, Tony Maws and Jamie Bissonnette will host a charity dinner at Mike’s City Diner on Nov. 7 to benefit New York restaurants affected by the storm. With an outpost of Oringer’s popular Toro opening in New York, the James Beard Award-winning chef has an even stronger connection to the cause.
Boston magazine’s Chowder blog reports that guests at the $500-per-person, 50-seat tasting can expect opulent ingredients like white truffles, lobster and foie gras and a raw bar sponsored by Island Creek Oysters to match the high price tag. All proceeds from the dinner will go to the American Red Cross, and will be designated specifically for the purposes of aiding New York restaurants. The 7-course menu also includes dishes from Michael Serpa of Neptune Oyster and Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery and Myers + Chang.
For two cities whose residents often butt heads, the gesture is that much more meaningful.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts