- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Boston Chefs Host Fundraiser to Support New York Restaurants
Recipe of the day
- Chicago’s Jibarito Stop Food Truck Is Now Also a Brick and Mortar Restaurant
- The James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Comes to New Orleans
- Daniel Defonte, Patriarch of Celebrated Defonte’s Sandwich Shop in Brooklyn, Has Died
- James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Coming to Boston October 9
- For Fall, Pret A Manger Offers a Menu Minus Gluten, Plus Burritos, and Heavy on Philanthropy
Chefs Ming Tsai, Ken Oringer, Tony Maws and Jamie Bissonnette will host a charity dinner at Mike’s City Diner on Nov. 7 to benefit New York restaurants affected by the storm. With an outpost of Oringer’s popular Toro opening in New York, the James Beard Award-winning chef has an even stronger connection to the cause.
Boston magazine’s Chowder blog reports that guests at the $500-per-person, 50-seat tasting can expect opulent ingredients like white truffles, lobster and foie gras and a raw bar sponsored by Island Creek Oysters to match the high price tag. All proceeds from the dinner will go to the American Red Cross, and will be designated specifically for the purposes of aiding New York restaurants. The 7-course menu also includes dishes from Michael Serpa of Neptune Oyster and Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery and Myers + Chang.
For two cities whose residents often butt heads, the gesture is that much more meaningful.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts