A Bon Voyage Dinner for Leighton Meester and More Celebrity News
The 'Gossip Girl' cast bid her adieu. Also, Robert De Niro treated the FDNY to lunch
Today on The Daily Meal
As we head over the hump of the week, let's take a look back at what's already happened in the world of celebrity food and drink.
• The cast of Gossip Girl said sayonara to their series of six years as the final season of the series wrapped filming this weekend. The celebratory festivities included "XOXO"-themed cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes, a wrap party at New York's Palace Hotel, and after-hours clubbing at Tenjune. Blake Lively, Chace Crawford, Penn Badgley, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Ed Westwick bid adieu to a pivotal member, Leighton Meester, who's moving to Los Angeles, with a private dinner at Lexington Brass. [NY Post]
• Emma Watson and her Perks of Being a Wallflower co-stars celebrated their film and their NYLON cover with a private dinner at New York City's Catch. [Us]
• Josh Henderson dined at the grand opening of Buca di Beppo in Mesquite, Texas. [Us]
• Gabrielle Union celebrated her 40th birthday with a private dinner at New York City's Marble Lane. The menu, created by chef Roble, included a mixed green salad with a Courvoisier Gold apple cider vinaigrette, a wood grilled filet mignon, and a Rocky Mountain Devil’s food cake with Courvoisier Gold for dessert. The party continued on at PH-D at Dream Downtown, where guests sipped Courvoisier Gold cocktails including the Gold Bellini and Sunset in Paris, created especially for the occasion, before singing "Happy Birthday" to Union with a gold three-tiered cake. [Haute Living]
Seen & Heard
• Robert De Niro and his wife Grace gave major thanks to FDNY Engine Co. 23 with a catered lunch on New York City's Upper East Side after they saved his apartment from a fire. [NY Post]
• Kellan Lutz and girlfriend Sharni Vinson fed bread to a few ducks walking along the sidewalk in Los Angeles. [People]
• Zac Brown Band's pudding recipe is made from the good stuff: Jack Daniel's. [People]
• Krysten Ritter grabbed a banana and Starbucks on-tho-go for an early morning breakfast. [Us]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).