- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Bob Marley 'Relaxation' Drink Sickens Students, Removed From New Jersey Schools
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Man Sues Rockstar Energy, Alleges it Gave Him a Heart Attack
- Starbucks to Discontinue Valencia Orange Refresher, Release New Flavor
- Exercise Enthusiasts Should Watch Water Intake, Study Says
- The Best Root Beers for Making Root Beer Floats
- Bay Area Might Explore Recycling Toilet Water for Use as Drinking Water
Looks like the sleepy sister of energy drinks, relaxation drinks, may not be any better for you: new reports say that the Bob Marley relaxation drink, "Marley's Mellow Mood," was removed from schools in New Jersey.
Students at Satz Middle School and Holmdel High School were sickened by the drink, which prompted the drink's removal from the Chartwells School Dining Services. "We sincerely regret that this product was sold and that students had an adverse reaction to it," the statement from Chartwell read.
The drink's nutrition facts state that the drink is not intended for children, and may promote drowsiness. Among the drink's ingredients: valerian root (which helps fight insomnia), lemon balm, chamomile, and hops. There might be a need to take caution when sipping relaxation drinks after this news.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts