- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
The Blood Orange Marmalade Sour
Courtesy of Eat Real Fest
- 1 1/2 Ounce Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 bar spoon Sicilian Blood Orange Hibiscus Marmalade from Blue Chair Fruit Company
- 1/2 Ounce house-made simple syrup
- 3/4 Ounces lemon juice
- 1/2 Ounce egg white
- Dash of Angostura bitters
At Oakland, Calif.'s upcoming Eat Real Fest, there's one ingredient on show that you may not think to mix into your cocktails: jam. But the Jam Bar, back by popular demand, is making waves with its boozy jam concoctions. For those who can't make it, Greg Lindgren of Rye SF shares his artisan cocktail using Blue Chair Fruit Company's blood orange marmalade.
Combine all ingredients in a shaker, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Add ice and shake for 30 more seconds. Strain through a fine strainer into a cocktail glass. Add a dash of Angostura bitters to the top.