- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
Blood Orange Margarita Recipe
- Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup juice)
- Juice of 2 blood oranges (about ¼ juice)
- ½ cup triple sec
- ½ cup Tequila, preferably 100% agave
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Salt, for rimming
- Harvest Kale Salad with Honey-Miso Dressing
- Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings
- Maple-Bacon Salmon
- Slow-Cooked Short Ribs
- Perfect Soft-Boiled Eggs with Toast Soldiers
- Merguez, Kale, and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookie
- Green Beans Almondine
- Sausage-Stuffed Acorn Squash with Pinenuts and Cherries
This recipe is derived from my dad’s amazing margaritas. During the summer, he’s the margarita-maker. I don’t know what he does, but I can never seem to recreate the slightly-tart, slightly-sweet, and oh-so-easy-to-drink cocktail he creates. Here, I sub half the lime juice for blood orange juice. Just remember: The key to the recipe is equal parts juice to triple sec to tequila.
I’ve dabbled with using both triple sec and Grand Marnier in the drink. I find a smoother taste comes from using good-quality triple sec (not the $5 stuff in the grocery store). And NEVER use anything but fresh lime juice — preferably from room temperature limes.
This recipe calls for serving the margarita up, but you can also serve it over rocks. A salt rim is up to you... But forgetting the Chunky Guacamole with chips is a crime.
In a shaker, combine the juice, triple sec, and tequila. Add ice and shake well. Set aside.
Coat the rims of 4 martini glasses with lime and rim with salt. Pour in margarita and serve.