Big Gay Ice Cream Social in Miami
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Washington, D.C. chef Art Smith describes himself as a "gay party monster," which means his Big Gay Ice Cream Social on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013, at The James Royal Palm hotel in South Beach will be a wild one, while also creating a dialogue about marriage equality in Florida.
As part of the 2013 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival, this social offers ice cream-themed stations for adults and children. Booze-laden ice cream and sorbet floats look like the highlight, specifically the Spicy Ginger Beer Float with coconut ice cream and a dark rum floater.
"The world meets in Miami for hot, sexy, delicious," said Smith in an email to The Daily Meal, "and when you put SOBE Food and Wine in the equation, you got one hell of a fun party."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts