- Chez Panisse opens (1971)
Big Gay Ice Cream Social in Miami
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
Washington, D.C. chef Art Smith describes himself as a "gay party monster," which means his Big Gay Ice Cream Social on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013, at The James Royal Palm hotel in South Beach will be a wild one, while also creating a dialogue about marriage equality in Florida.
As part of the 2013 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival, this social offers ice cream-themed stations for adults and children. Booze-laden ice cream and sorbet floats look like the highlight, specifically the Spicy Ginger Beer Float with coconut ice cream and a dark rum floater.
"The world meets in Miami for hot, sexy, delicious," said Smith in an email to The Daily Meal, "and when you put SOBE Food and Wine in the equation, you got one hell of a fun party."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts