Big Apple BBQ Block Party Heading to Denver
The barbecue fest is making a first-time stop in the Mile High City
Today on The Daily Meal
It seems New York City's barbecue fest is heading out of state; Danny Meyer is teaming up with Downtown Denver Events for the Big Denver Barbecue Block Party.
The event, which brought together pitmasters and musicians in New York, will take place August 4 and 5 in Skyline Park in the Mile High City. The roster? Kenny Callaghan of Blue Smoke, Mike Mills of Illinois' 17th Street Bar & Grill, Joe Duncan of Baker's Ribs and the Original Fried Pie Company, and more. Natch, music performances and cooking demos are also on the docket. The event is free, but food goes for $8 a plate, beer is $6 a glass, and desserts are $4 a pop.
As for why Denver? "We thought it would be fun to do it there," a Union Square Hospitality Group representative told us. "We did it once before in Aspen and we sort of fell in love that area."
Check out the full lineup below.
• Kenny Callaghan, founding pitmaster (Blue Smoke, New York City)
• Mike Mills, founding pitmaster (17th Street Bar & Grill, Murphysboro, Ill; Memphis Championship Barbecue, Las Vegas)
• Ed Mitchell, founding pitmaster (Raleigh, N.C.)
• Drew Robinson (Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q, Northfield & Aurora, Colo.)
• Patrick Martin (Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint, Nashville, Tenn.)
• Tommy Houston (Checkered Pig, Danville, Va.)
• Joe Duncan (Baker’s Ribs and The Original Fried Pie Company, Dallas)
• Frank Ostini (The Hitching Post II, Buellton, Calif.)
• Jake Linzinmeir (Telluride Ski Resort, Telluride, Colo.)
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).