- World Water Week begins
Best Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe of the day
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
According to the latest taste test from Consumer Reports, Tate's Bake Shop packages the best chocolate chip cookies. Taste testers rated their crispy, buttery cookies as "Excellent," while Starbucks, McDonald's, and Subway cookies were deemed "Very Good." Dunkin' Donuts lost points for gritty chocolate chips and overbaked cookies.
So the takeaway is, McDonald's chewy cookies are the cheapest of the second-rate lot, while Tate's crispy cookies made up for the price with taste.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts