Best Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe of the day
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
- Cheez-It’s New Marketing Campaign: Sending a Giant Portrait of Our Writer in Cheez-It Form
According to the latest taste test from Consumer Reports, Tate's Bake Shop packages the best chocolate chip cookies. Taste testers rated their crispy, buttery cookies as "Excellent," while Starbucks, McDonald's, and Subway cookies were deemed "Very Good." Dunkin' Donuts lost points for gritty chocolate chips and overbaked cookies.
So the takeaway is, McDonald's chewy cookies are the cheapest of the second-rate lot, while Tate's crispy cookies made up for the price with taste.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts