Best Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
According to the latest taste test from Consumer Reports, Tate's Bake Shop packages the best chocolate chip cookies. Taste testers rated their crispy, buttery cookies as "Excellent," while Starbucks, McDonald's, and Subway cookies were deemed "Very Good." Dunkin' Donuts lost points for gritty chocolate chips and overbaked cookies.
So the takeaway is, McDonald's chewy cookies are the cheapest of the second-rate lot, while Tate's crispy cookies made up for the price with taste.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts