Best Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe of the day
- ConAgra Agrees to Plead Guilty, Pay $11.2 Million for Peter Pan Peanut Butter Salmonella Outbreak
- Taco Bell Will Introduce the Quesalupa to Menus Nationwide
- Man Sues Blue Bell for Listeria-Contaminated Product That Allegedly Caused ‘Profound Brain Damage’
- New Magical Millennial Tic Tacs Change Flavor in Your Mouth
- Woman Finds Viper in Box of Bananas
According to the latest taste test from Consumer Reports, Tate's Bake Shop packages the best chocolate chip cookies. Taste testers rated their crispy, buttery cookies as "Excellent," while Starbucks, McDonald's, and Subway cookies were deemed "Very Good." Dunkin' Donuts lost points for gritty chocolate chips and overbaked cookies.
So the takeaway is, McDonald's chewy cookies are the cheapest of the second-rate lot, while Tate's crispy cookies made up for the price with taste.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts