Best Store-Bought Chocolate Chip Cookies
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Iowa Declares State of Emergency Over Bird Flu
- Ghirardelli Comes Out with Decadent Chocolate Sauces and Brownie-Flavored Squares
- Cadbury and Nestlé Are in a Legal Battle Over the Shape of the Kit Kat Bar
- Cheetos-Flavored Popcorn: Coming Soon to a Movie Theater Snack Bar Near You
- The 10 Giant Corporations Behind Your Favorite Brands
According to the latest taste test from Consumer Reports, Tate's Bake Shop packages the best chocolate chip cookies. Taste testers rated their crispy, buttery cookies as "Excellent," while Starbucks, McDonald's, and Subway cookies were deemed "Very Good." Dunkin' Donuts lost points for gritty chocolate chips and overbaked cookies.
So the takeaway is, McDonald's chewy cookies are the cheapest of the second-rate lot, while Tate's crispy cookies made up for the price with taste.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts