- Labor Day
Best News Ever: 'Game of Thrones' to Debut Beer
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Kroger, America’s Largest Grocer, to Launch in-Store Craft Beer Taps at More Locations
- Former San Francisco Archbishop Arrested for Driving Drunk in Hawaii
- 3 Household Items That Will Open Your Beer
- So What's Up with That '99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall' Song?
- Beer Companies Duke It Out in the Battle to Be ‘King’ and ‘Queen’
Looks like Homer Simpson fans won't be the only ones to enjoy a TV-inspired beer anymore. Game of Thrones fanatics, rejoice: you will soon have a beer to go with your viewing parties of the fantasy series.
The New York Times reports that HBO has paired up with Brewery Ommegang, in Cooperstown, N.Y., to release a series of Thrones-inspired ales. The first of four beers, the Iron Throne Blonde Ale (named after King of Westeros' throne), will be released in March to coincide with the start of the third season. The second beer will be released sometime in the fall.
While you wait for the season to start, you can still sip on other Ommegang brews, like the Three Philosophers brew, the Abbey ale, or the Rare Vos amber ale. If only the beer was out a little bit earlier, it would have made our holiday gift guide for beer lovers.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts