Best of New Orleans #8
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Every day during the month of August, we’re highlighting one restaurant from our recent ranking of the 31 Best Restaurants in New Orleans. Today’s restaurant, Root, is #8 on our list.
This Central Business District gem serves cutting edge modern American fare under the helm of chef and co-owner Philip Lopez, who opened the restaurant in November 2011 to near-universal acclaim. His menu is all over the map, in the best way possible; the legendary charcuterie board includes everything from beef heart bresaola to cochon de lait porchetta and Catalonian-style butifarra, appetizers include aloo gobi and sweet tea country-fried chicken wings, and entrees include Cohiba-smoked scallops, black lacquered duck, and Korean short rib clay pot. Root’s menu isn’t just one of the most eclectically adventurous in New Orleans, it’s one of the most adventurous anywhere.
Here's our complete ranking:
#31. Maurepas Fine Foods
#27. The Joint
#26. Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
#23. La Petite Grocery
#20. Parkway Bakery
#18. Dooky Chase
#15. Redfish Grill
#12. Camellia Grill
#10. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
#1. Commander’s Palace
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts