Best of New Orleans #26
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Every day during the month of August, we’re highlighting one restaurant from our recent ranking of the 31 Best Restaurants in New Orleans. Today’s restaurant, Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse, is #26 on our list.
This French Quarter power broker staple is located in a clubby, basement-level space, and is a regular hangout for the city’s wheelers and dealers and high-rollers. With a swanky bar and six private dining rooms, Dickie Brennan’s serves USDA Prime steaks with a creative New Orleans twist; the 6-ounce house filet is topped with fried oysters and béarnaise sauce, the barbecue rib-eye is topped with Abita beer barbecue shrimp, and any steak can be topped with jumbo lump crabmeat or Danish blue cheese. That’s not to say that you should avoid unadorned steaks; the 16-ounce strip is seared in a cast-iron skillet, and just might be New Orleans’ finest steak.
Here's our complete ranking:
#31. Maurepas Fine Foods
#27. The Joint
#26. Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
#23. La Petite Grocery
#20. Parkway Bakery
#18. Dooky Chase
#15. Redfish Grill
#12. Camellia Grill
#10. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
#1. Commander’s Palace
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts