Best of New Orleans #2
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Every day during the month of August, we’re highlighting one restaurant from our recent ranking of the 31 Best Restaurants in New Orleans. Today’s restaurant, Galatoire's, is #2 on our list.
A Bourbon Street landmark, Galatoire’s has been serving classic Creole, New Orleans style cuisine for many generations. The immense menu has changed little over the past century-plus and is full of things like turtle soup au sherry, oysters en brochette, seafood okra gumbo, a variety of seasonal fish and shellfish, chicken Clemenceau, and black bottom pecan pie for dessert. Anyone can get good cooking here, but go with a regular if you can; that way you'll be guaranteed good service (regulars have their "own" waiters) and maybe a taste of something not on the menu.
Here's our complete ranking:
#31. Maurepas Fine Foods
#27. The Joint
#26. Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
#23. La Petite Grocery
#20. Parkway Bakery
#18. Dooky Chase
#15. Redfish Grill
#12. Camellia Grill
#10. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
#1. Commander’s Palace
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts