Best of New Orleans #16
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Every day during the month of August, we’re highlighting one restaurant from our recent ranking of the 31 Best Restaurants in New Orleans. Today’s restaurant, Emeril's, is #16 on our list.
At this point, Emeril Lagasse can be resting on his laurels, content in his standing as the country’s most well-known New Orleans chef with a roster of 13 restaurants from Orlando to Las Vegas, but at his flagship New Orleans restaurant, the one that started it all, he’s still pushing boundaries and serving stunningly delicious New Orleans fare thanks to David Slater, his chef de cuisine since 2008. Lagasse’s famous barbecue shrimp is still quite possibly the city’s best, and one bite of dishes like the whole truffle-fried chicken for two, Andouille-crusted drum, and grilled pork chop with caramelized sweet potatoes, tamarind glaze, and green chile mole will tell you everything you need to know about why Lagasse is as renowned as he is.
Here's our complete ranking:
#31. Maurepas Fine Foods
#27. The Joint
#26. Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
#23. La Petite Grocery
#20. Parkway Bakery
#18. Dooky Chase
#15. Redfish Grill
#12. Camellia Grill
#10. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
#1. Commander’s Palace
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts