- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Best Ice Cream Soda Recipes
Recipe of the day
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
I am a huge fan of the ice cream soda. A classic root beer float, a brown cow — you name it, I love it. I think it is the magical combination of sweet, bubbly soda and cold, creamy ice cream. It is like the ice cream magically transforms into cream soda as it melts. Ice cream sodas are also really fun for children. I’ve never met a child who doesn’t find delight in trying to slurp up the melted ice cream with a spoon. Here are some of our best ice cream soda recipes for summer.
— Thenaptimechef, Babble
Red, White, and Blue Shooters
These awesome shooters are made red and white by the sorbet and vanilla ice cream. The blue comes from the soda! Served in small glasses, they are perfect for your little ones this summer.
Root Beer Floats
A classic root beer float is the epitome of summer. Enjoy it at a party or after dinner — everyone will love the comforting classic flavor.
Dairy-Free Mocha Root Beer Floats
This is the perfect float for people looking to avoid dairy but who still want the satisfaction of a cool root beer float!
Green Ice Cream Soda
These monster mash sodas are hilarious for Halloween but are tasty year-round. I can see them also being great at a garden party surrounded by a gorgeous green garden.
It's never a bad time to show off your patriotic side, especially with vanilla ice cream and strawberry syrup.
More From Babble:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts