- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Best Ice Cream Soda Recipes
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
I am a huge fan of the ice cream soda. A classic root beer float, a brown cow — you name it, I love it. I think it is the magical combination of sweet, bubbly soda and cold, creamy ice cream. It is like the ice cream magically transforms into cream soda as it melts. Ice cream sodas are also really fun for children. I’ve never met a child who doesn’t find delight in trying to slurp up the melted ice cream with a spoon. Here are some of our best ice cream soda recipes for summer.
— Thenaptimechef, Babble
Red, White, and Blue Shooters
These awesome shooters are made red and white by the sorbet and vanilla ice cream. The blue comes from the soda! Served in small glasses, they are perfect for your little ones this summer.
Root Beer Floats
A classic root beer float is the epitome of summer. Enjoy it at a party or after dinner — everyone will love the comforting classic flavor.
Dairy-Free Mocha Root Beer Floats
This is the perfect float for people looking to avoid dairy but who still want the satisfaction of a cool root beer float!
Green Ice Cream Soda
These monster mash sodas are hilarious for Halloween but are tasty year-round. I can see them also being great at a garden party surrounded by a gorgeous green garden.
It's never a bad time to show off your patriotic side, especially with vanilla ice cream and strawberry syrup.
More From Babble:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts