Berries Prevent Cognitive Decline and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal's Media Mix brings you the biggest news around the food world.
Berries Shown to Keep Brains Healthy: Good thing berries are in season — the fruit is shown to slow cognitive decline in women simply by eating it about two times per week. [TIME]
Food Is Getting More Expensive Worldwide: Oil costs, bad weather, and demand in Asia for imports have made food prices rise yet again, says the World Bank. [LA Times]
Indonesia Halts U.S. Beef Imports: In light of the recent discovery of mad cow disease in California, the country has suspended beef imports for now. [Huffington Post]
White House Crashers Sued Over Wine Tours: The Virginia attorney general filed charges against Tareq Salahi, claiming he cheated customers who purchased wine tours from him in northern Virgina and never gave the tours. [Businessweek]
Brewery Worker Killed by Exploding Keg: A 26-year-old was killed in the incident at Redhook Brewery in New Hampshire; officials say he was filling the kegs with pressurized air when the kegs exploded. [Boston Globe]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts