- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Behind a Bartender's Beat and More News
Recipe of the day
- Skipping Breakfast Puts Diabetics at Risk, New Study Says
- What Is It Like to Be Allergic to All Food? 1 Unlucky Teen Offers a Glimpse Into His Life
- Google Will Now Tell You How Busy Restaurants and Stores Are So You Can Avoid Long Lines
- 10 Ways You’re Wasting Money at the Supermarket
- Why Is Pig Meat Called ‘Pork’?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Food Stamp Fraud: A store owner was sentenced to jail for participating in a food stamp scheme worth $612,000. [CBS]
St. Clair Diner Closes: Brooklyn's 92-year-old diner, of vinyl booths, spinach pies, and coffee and omelettes, shuttered recently. The diner's contents are being auctioned off this afternoon. [Grub Street]
Inside Momofuku's Lab: In a subscriber-only piece, Jane Kramer takes us inside David Chang's umami factory. [New Yorker]
Bartender Shakes Explained: Three different bartenders discuss the difference in their shakes, and demonstrate why they don't have to go to the gym. [NPR]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts