Behind a Bartender's Beat and More News
Recipe of the day
- Why Do Chefs Wear Those Silly Hats?
- Students Allegedly Served 6-Year-Old Meat in School
- We Want to Know: Who Serves the Best Burger in America?
- Texas Commissioner Wants Deep Fryers in School Cafeterias Because ‘It’s About Freedom’
- People Are Angry That Whole Foods Donated Sandwiches to the National Guard in Baltimore
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Food Stamp Fraud: A store owner was sentenced to jail for participating in a food stamp scheme worth $612,000. [CBS]
St. Clair Diner Closes: Brooklyn's 92-year-old diner, of vinyl booths, spinach pies, and coffee and omelettes, shuttered recently. The diner's contents are being auctioned off this afternoon. [Grub Street]
Inside Momofuku's Lab: In a subscriber-only piece, Jane Kramer takes us inside David Chang's umami factory. [New Yorker]
Bartender Shakes Explained: Three different bartenders discuss the difference in their shakes, and demonstrate why they don't have to go to the gym. [NPR]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts