- Oyster Day
The Beauty of Boxed Invitations
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Make Your Own Beachfront Boardwalk Treats for an End-of-Summer Bash at Home
- This Turkish Couple Spent Their Wedding Reception Handing Out Food to Refugees
- A Grande Affair to Remember: Barista Marries Former Customer at Starbucks
- 5 Budget-Friendly Recipe Tips for an Outdoor Summer Engagement Party
- Last-Minute Tips on Hosting Your Outdoor Wedding Reception
In today’s fast-paced electronic world, invitations arrive in many ways. Everything from email to snail mail, evites, text messages, Facebook, or Paperless Post invites are socially acceptable these days.
The art and beauty of an elegant invitation, formally worded and beautifully hand-calligraphed, has gone by the wayside.
Remember that wonderful feeling you got as a child when a package arrived in the mail?
The excitement and anticipation felt while you hurried to pry the box open?
Invitations that arrive in a box evoke the same excitement, and they set the stage as guests anticipate that the party will be unique and filled with surprises; they catch the invitee’s attention.
And it is even better when the package is filled with something sweet.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts