Basic Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Cup yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons dark beer
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon tomato purée
- 1/4 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 Tablespoon cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
This barbecue sauce recipe from Delicatessen is as basic as it gets, and it shows how simple sometimes really is better.
In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients, mix, and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the sauce cook for at least 1 hour. Cool completely before using.
Calories per serving:75 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat Low Fat Abs, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, No Oil Added