Barefoot Wine Cleans Rockaway Beach
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
Wine enthusiasts get ready to hit the beach. The annual Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project is heading to the beaches in Rockaway this Saturday for a big cleanup effort. Plans call for the two-hour cleanup to be followed by a ‘celebration’ at Bungalow Bar & Restaurant and a performance by musician Joshua Radin.
Barefoot Wine & Bubbly in collaboration with the Surfrider Foundation has spearheaded cleanup events around the nation to keep public spaces garbage free. For the sixth year, The Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project will be headed to cities around the country to make public spaces “barefoot friendly.” Approximately 200 volunteers are expected for this Saturdays event where they will be beach combing for garbage.
“We’ve hit almost fifty beaches at this point over the past six years and have cleaned up a ton of trash,” said a Barefoot Wine representative. “The Rockaway beach is beautiful but could use a little love.”
Beach inspired fare will be available for volunteers at the afterwards with finger foods like crab cakes and bruschetta. No age restriction is placed on volunteers but the after party is a 21-and-over event. This year, 25 cities will see a cleaning effort compared to 20 cities last year.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts