- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
BaoHaus, Pink's Hot Dogs Headline Coachella Festival's Food Lineup
Recipe of the day
- Sun, Surf, and Sundown Fun: The South Walton Beaches Wine & Food Festival
- The World’s Tallest Grilled Cheese Tower Is Being Assembled This Weekend
- 4 Places to Celebrate Oktoberfest in Hong Kong
- The 10 Best Pumpkin Patches in America
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
With less than three weeks to go until the craziness that is Coachella (not quite Burning Man, but close), the music festival has finally announced its food lineup, and it looks pretty doable.
Up first are Ruth's Chris Steak House, Las Casuelas Quinta, and New York chef Eddie Huang's BaoHaus for Taiwanese chicken. Los Angeles' Pink's Hot Dogs is also making the trek out to the desert, as well as new vendors like Wood Fired Pizza and Just Tossed salads. Not quite sure how Ruth's Chris' heavy steaks and mashed potatoes will fare, but we're always down for some dirty chili dogs.
On the food truck side, Kogi, Border Grill, Coolhaus, and the Lime Truck are notable wheeled restaurants driving out to Indio, Calif., while new on-site restaurants Campground Café and Cantina Restaurant (air-conditioned!) will serve up breakfasts/hangover foods/late-night eats. Not a bad gig as you rally until Sunday night's Red Hot Chili Peppers set.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts