Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Daily Value: 23%
|Folic Acid (B9)||60µg||15%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||8g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Have a question about the nutrition data? Let us know.
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Here's an idea: Do a mix-and-match. Make up a couple of different seasoning mixtures and roast...
Think all club sandwiches are created equal? Think again because this one is a keeper. No...
Deep-frying is a method I prefer to avoid for everyday cooking, but this is one of the dishes for...
- 4 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes; coarsely mash. Discard skins.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a large Dutch oven; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 8 minutes). Add mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup onions. Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving with cheese, onions, and bacon.
Makes 8 Servings