- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Baked Fontina with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Thyme
- 1 1/2 Pound Italian fontina, rind trimmed and discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- 1 Teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced country bread
From the mind (and kitchen) of acclaimed chef Jimmy Bradley, this baked fontina is creamy and rich, and is sure to warm up your heart in just a few bites. With simple flavors that add to the depth of the dish, you wouldn’t want to share this anyway.
Preheat the broiler.
Add the fontina in a12-inch cast-iron skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and scatter the garlic, thyme, and rosemary over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 6-7 minutes.
Serve with bread and enjoy!