- 6 bratwurst
- 6 slices Sunday bacon
- 1/2 Cup sweet German-style mustard, for serving
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Meat wrapped in more meat is awesome, and especially when the "more meat" is bacon. I could wax poetic on and on and on like some other people in this Recipe SWAT Team, but I'll opt for economy of expression here and just say: !@#$ — try this. (Besides, it only has three ingredients and takes 15 minutes to prepare.)
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Heat a large, oven-safe sauté pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Wrap a slice of bacon around each bratwurst. Carefully place each bratwurst in the pan and cook, gently rotating the pieces with a pair of tongs every 45 seconds or so, until browned on all sides.
Place in the oven and bake until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with mustard on the side for dipping.
Calories per serving:808 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Carb Sugar Conscious, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added, No Sugar Added