- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
- 6 bratwurst
- 6 slices Sunday bacon
- 1/2 Cup sweet German-style mustard, for serving
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Meat wrapped in more meat is awesome, and especially when the "more meat" is bacon. I could wax poetic on and on and on like some other people in this Recipe SWAT Team, but I'll opt for economy of expression here and just say: !@#$ — try this. (Besides, it only has three ingredients and takes 15 minutes to prepare.)
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Heat a large, oven-safe sauté pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Wrap a slice of bacon around each bratwurst. Carefully place each bratwurst in the pan and cook, gently rotating the pieces with a pair of tongs every 45 seconds or so, until browned on all sides.
Place in the oven and bake until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with mustard on the side for dipping.