- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Bacon and Beer Festival Back in Boston
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The fourth Boston Bacon and Beer Festival is set to take place at the House of Blues Boston on Saturday, May 4, 2013. As in previous years, the festival will fundraise for nearby food organizations including Lovin’ Spoonfuls and Community Servings (they have raised $65,000 to date).
Credit: Chris Piascik
Favoring the offerings of the Boston area, the festival will welcome more than 50 restaurants and breweries to serve bacon dishes paired with beers. Zoe’s Meats has donated the bacon for the event.
According to festival organizer Aaron Cohen, the event attracts a wide range of folks who love food. To keep attendance accessible, event planners have tried to keep the ticket price as low as possible, at $43 a head. Considering that the past couple of festivals have sold out in a matter of minutes, Cohen encourages those interested to act fast. Tickets go on sale to the general public April 5 at 10 a.m., although many tickets will be available on the Eat Boston mailing list April 4 at 10 a.m.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts