- California Wine Month begins
Aziz Ansari Finally Has His Own Food Show and It's on a Boat
Recipe of the day
- Kids Try Dark Chocolate for the First Time, Absolutely Hate It
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
- These People Completely Recreated the Simpsons Kitchen in Their Own Home
- 6 Foods That Can Clean Your House
Aziz Ansari is perhaps best recognized as the comedian who plays the thinly-veiled version of himself on NBC’s Parks and Recreation (“Love fades away. But things? Things are forever”).
But the energetic young comedian has a another side as one of those people who just lives to eat.
Wherever he travels, Ansari makes sure to visit the most interesting local restaurants and shamelessly fills his social media accounts with food porn.
Many people become infinitely more annoying when they do this, but Aziz’s genuine love for everything he eats just makes him more endearing.
At long last, Aziz finally has his own show about food, or more accurately, a web series about food. Comedians Eric Wareheim of Tim and Eric and Jason Woliner of the sketch group Human Giant have joined Aziz on Food Club, which starts on a boat. The friends will “sail the world seeking the ultimate bite,” according to the Robin Leach-esque narrator.
Each restaurant that passes Food Club muster will receive a special Food Club plaque in recognition of its excellent food, whether it’s an excellent banh mi sandwich or nine-course meal of haute cuisine.
Watch the first episode of Food Club below:
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts