February is Stout Month at Fort George Brewery but there is more going on in Astoria then just the Festival of the Dark Arts, we can look forward to Willett Bourbon Barrel Cavatica Stout in bottles, special tappings at Rogue Ales Astoria Public House and the Fisher Poets Gathering. Astoria, one of the best small towns in America is getting ready to cheers to 28 days of darkness at Stout Month 2015.
- Fort George Brewery will be releasing new 22oz bottles of Willett Bourbon Barrel Cavatica Stout on draft at the pub and wax-dipped bottles to go on February 1st.
- Rogue Ales Public House will be pouring Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout on nitro all month long as well as rotating through Chocolate and Double Chocolate Stout on draft; Valentine’s Day gift boxes will be available, featuring both Chocolate Stouts
- Fort George Brewery is featuring specialty stout creations made with cherries, gourds, hot peppers, chocolate, bourbon barrels and more during the entire month of February.
- At the height of Stout Month, the Festival of the Dark Arts takes over Fort George Brewery for a night of fire dancers, tarot card readers, tattoo artists, belly dancers, cigar tents, old fashioned photography, live music and more than 60 creative stout samples from around the Northwest.2-10 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015. Limited tickets available; must be purchased online prior to the event at www.festivalofdarkarts.com
- Salty Songs: Fisher Poets Anchor in Astoria, Feb. 27, 2015. Anchoring in Astoria for the 18th annual Fisher Poets Gathering, fishermen and women from across North America will gather to share their wind-blown and weathered stories of life on the briny deep. During the three-day event, more than 80 participants will perform emotional poems, rowdy readings and powerful prose inspired by the salty seas at numerous intimate venues downtown, including restaurants, pubs, museums and the beautifully restored Liberty Theater. Find the full schedule here. Admission is $15 to all events throughout the weekend, and free for children and students under 18.
The post Astoria and Fort George Events during February’s Stout Month appeared first on New School Beer.