Asparagus Recipe for the Grill
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Grilled asparagus is an easy, healthy way to incorporate some vegetables into your next barbecue. Not only does the char enhance the flavor of the asparagus, but this grilled vegetable is equally delicious served hot or at room temperature, making it perfect for easy outdoor entertaining.
It only takes a few ingredients to transform asparagus into a summer grilling must-have. The easiest way to prepare asparagus for the grill (or an indoor grill pan) is to lay the spears in a wide shallow dish, drizzle them with olive oil and coarse salt, then shake the dish from side to side until the asparagus is lightly and evenly coated in oil. Large, thick spears work best for an outdoor grill; smaller spears may fall through the grate.
The prepared asparagus spears can then be grilled in a single layer until they’ve softened slightly and have a few visible char marks. To finish your grilled asparagus, try drizzling them with lemon juice or freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal's Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts