Are Subway Footlongs Really 12 Inches and More News
Recipe of the day
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
- Which Came First, Orange the Fruit or Orange the Color?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news in the food world.
Chefs and Personalities
Watch a preview of Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson's new show The Taste, with Ludo Lefebvre and Brian Malarkey. [Eater]
Danny Bowien chats about his inspiration, stealing recipes from Chinatown restaurants, and expansion. [Nowness]
The Bocuse d'Or competition will be livestreaming from Lyon, France, so you can watch food porn starting at 3 a.m. [Grub Street]
Looks like a food- and drink-themed album is not in the works for Lupe Fiasco, who announced via Twitter that his album Food & Liquor The Great American Rap Album Pt. 2 has been scrapped. [SOHH]
A survey found that only 22 percent of McDonald's customers are actually satisfied with their meals. [Consumerist]
Thanks to the Super Bowl, chicken wing prices will rise 2 percent until after the big game. Darn. [BusinessWeek]
Apparently a good portion of Subway "Footlong" sandwiches aren't actually a foot long... but only 11 inches. [NY Post]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts