- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Are Subway Footlongs Really 12 Inches and More News
Recipe of the day
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
- This Mother Makes Detailed Cartoon Food Art Out of Healthy Meals for Her Son
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news in the food world.
Chefs and Personalities
Watch a preview of Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson's new show The Taste, with Ludo Lefebvre and Brian Malarkey. [Eater]
Danny Bowien chats about his inspiration, stealing recipes from Chinatown restaurants, and expansion. [Nowness]
The Bocuse d'Or competition will be livestreaming from Lyon, France, so you can watch food porn starting at 3 a.m. [Grub Street]
Looks like a food- and drink-themed album is not in the works for Lupe Fiasco, who announced via Twitter that his album Food & Liquor The Great American Rap Album Pt. 2 has been scrapped. [SOHH]
A survey found that only 22 percent of McDonald's customers are actually satisfied with their meals. [Consumerist]
Thanks to the Super Bowl, chicken wing prices will rise 2 percent until after the big game. Darn. [BusinessWeek]
Apparently a good portion of Subway "Footlong" sandwiches aren't actually a foot long... but only 11 inches. [NY Post]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts